Each Sign has an Element and Modality. The Modalities are a little bit similar to the Hindu trinity. The elements are like the various parts of each of us.
- Cardinal: Create, initiate, start
- Fixed: Preserve, maintain, continue
- Mutable: Change, adapt, edit, conclude
- Fire: Spirit, will, passion, decisiveness, drive, essence
- Earth: Body, physicality, practicality, material conditions
- Air: Mind, mental understanding, social activity, communication, knowledge, beliefs
- Water: Emotions, Intuition
- Yang: Fire and Air. They’re strong, detached, logical, enterprising, protective, just, outwardly focused, dominant, leading, decisive, assertive, and active. They produce or acquire what they want or need.
- Yin: Earth and Water. They’re caring, emotionally in tune, nurturing, gentle, accepting, inwardly focused, yielding, sensitive, and passive. They attract what they want or need.